Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In the Midnight Hour.. She Cried MOAR MOAR MOAR!!

      And those Rebel Yell lyrics didn't have shit to do with nothin'! WOOO! Well.. I guess they are partly relevant.. I mean..you want MOAR TroxTalk. I want to give you MOAR TroxTalk! But my workload, computer issues, vacations, and family gatherings have cut into the time where I would usually be writing. I Hope you've enjoyed my poor excuses, but now it's time to get back to business as usual. Let's use this time we have together wisely. We're talking tattoos for this weeks TroxTalk Homework Assignment, so Bring on the MOAR!!

For my next trick, I will try to reinsert Rebel Yell into the context of this weeks TTHA... both of these are pretty bad....
This is Billy Idols Tattoo
This is a tattoo of Billy Idol
              Tattoos, especially over the last 15-20 years have become a huge part of American culture. It used to be that if you had a tattoo, people knew a few things about you right off the bat. You were either in the military, in a gang (motorcycle or other), you had been to prison, or you were a member of some indigenous tribe. Ink came with a certain connotation which has changed dramatically over the years. I remember a story my uncle told me when one of my cousins got their first tattoo. He said, "When I was on the hiring and firing side of things, and one of my employees would walk in with one of them G-damn tattoos, I'd tell him to cover it up or hit the road. If a guy showed up for an interview with one, I wouldn't even waste my time.." And I'm sure Unc wasn't the only one who felt that way back then.. Fast forward to today, you're almost considered the odd man out if you DON'T have a tattoo in many circles. They have gone from being symbols of pride, brotherhood, and tribe, to being just another dumb thing you do when you're drunk and you decide that maybe you like James Hetfield a little more than you thought you did.
"HEY! (Hey) I'm your life! I'm the one who takes you there!"
             The point I'm trying to make here is that the world of tattoos has become so saturated that people will get almost anything permanently inked on their bodies. Next week for homework we are going to take a look at some of the coolest, most interesting, and beautiful tattoos my readers have come across, but for now, lets just have a laugh at some of the worst ones you guys could find.

I'd like to begin this thread by saying that it is NEVER ok to get a penis tattoo.
NEVER.
I have seen a few movie inspired tats that were pretty awesome. This is not one.
Somewhere the cast of All That is rolling in their graves.
Wipe.
It's ironic. Get it?
I'm more of a Dale Jr. guy....
Apparently, Everybody doesn't Love him.
WHY?!
Emo kids love them some attention.
You could have had anything instead of eyebrows and you went with that?
Not a tat. Actual Hulk Hogan. I'll allow it.
NFL expansion? I give you the New England Zombie Horde.
Yeah. That's probably about what he looks like by now...RIP.
Speaking of RIP..How pissed would you be?
Indeed.
Chocolate Rain is worse than a golden shower. This tat is worse than both of those things.
This weed is so awesome that it practically smokes itself. 
True dat.
            Hillbillies, stoners, and girls with low self esteem aren't the only ones who have "clearly made some bad decisions" in their choice of ink. Even some of the celebrities and pro athletes that we all hold in pretty high regard have had their share of tattoo flubs that I'd bet they would like a mulligan on.
Cher has wings on her ass...
Technically it's a brand, but Gucci Mane's ice cream cone on his face is pretty stupid.
Jermaine Dupri has a tattoo of Janet Jackson that looks like the Virgin Mary.

Mike Tyson is a kook.
Reggie Miller's tummy tramp would be perfectly acceptable if he was a female in 1994.
Steve-O had awful tattoos before awful tattoos were cool. This one still cracks me up.
           And so we've reached the end of the horrible tattoo post. I hope you kids had some fun with it. Better late than never, right? If you did, there's no reason you can't spread the TroxTalk love on FB and Twitter (subtle plug). Remember your feedback is always taken under advisement so follow @troxtalk on Twitter or shoot an email over to trox@troxtalk.com  If you want to get a jump on the next TTHA, I am looking for tattoos that are the exact opposite of what we've seen here today. Send me something artistic, hilarious in a good way, or just plain epic, and I'll get it on the next post. A bear riding a flaming unicorn with a croquet mallet is the primary goal here. Thanks for stopping by, and until next time..GOOODNIGGHHT NOOOWW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment